Air Showers and Pass-Thrus
Air showers play a critical role in maintaining cleanroom integrity by removing loose contaminating particles from people and products before they enter the room. Pass-thru cabinets, also known as pass-thru chambers or pass-thru windows, allow for the transfer of parts and equipment into and out of cleanrooms and critical areas.
Air Shower Uses and Features
Air showers help reduce the risk of defects to products, and they also increase cleanroom production yields. Air showers improve cleanroom performance and reduce the maintenance needed to maintain a sanitary environment by lowering the overall contamination load in the area.
If a cleanroom doesn’t use an air shower’s “pre-cleaning” process, its air filtration system would have to absorb all of the contaminants in the environment. That would increase energy consumption and maintenance costs for the cleanroom.
Some of the most important features of air showers include:
- High-velocity, high-volume air flow, which allows for fast and efficient decontamination of the atmosphere
- Adjustable microprocessor-controlled cycle times
- Option to have Easy-to-use LCD touchscreen interfaces
- Magnetic interlocks
- LED interior lighting
- Inspection panels for air supply ducts
- Silicone-free urethane sealant
- Standard-sized HEPA filters and prefilters that have no-leak, negative pressure–reliability seals
- Easy access for service and maintenance needs
Pass-Thru Uses and Features
Pass-thrus allow for the contamination-free transfer of materials into and out of cleanrooms. They eliminate unnecessary personnel garbing and entry, and they also prevent contamination while enabling manufacturers to comply with industrial quality standards.
Some of the key features of pass-thrus include:
- Solid stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel door frames
- Stainless steel continuous hinges
- Tempered safety glass viewing windows
- Stainless steel over-center compression latches
- Mechanical door interlocks
- Stainless Steel Perimeter frame
- UL Fire Rated doors are available
Liberty Industries’ Air Showers and Pass-Thrus
Liberty ships our air showers in sections, which include:
- Head section
- Base (if the unit requires a base)
The head section is usually at least 500 lbs., so it requires a forklift or material mover that is rated at a minimum of 1,000 lbs. The head section must be raised above and placed onto the wall sections, and the doors are then installed. These systems require an electrical connection, and Liberty supplies power to a junction box. The installation must have an electrician hardwire on-site.
For installation, the wall opening must be a ¼” larger than the OD of the pass-thru. Insert the pass thru into the wall, attach the supplied angle to the wall, and picture frame the unit in the wall.
We offer standard sizes as well as custom design capabilities. We have two series styles of air showers:
- Plastic diameters of typically 30 per unit (4 × 5)
- 3-HP blower at ~7,000 cfm
- Has one aluminum punka louver, typically 14 per unit (4 × 5)
- 5-HP blower at ~5,500 cfm
Our air showers and pass-thrus have applications in a number of industries. Some of their most common uses include in the following industries:
- Medical devices
- Research labs
- Precision manufacturing
- Metal manufacturing/lead industry
- Cannabis Industry
Quality Cleanroom Accessories from Liberty Industries
Liberty Industries builds air showers and pass-thrus that are essential to helping cleanrooms maintain high sanitation standards. We offer a wide range of standard designs as well as a plethora of customization options.
We’ve been sent products worldwide since 1953, so we have an extensive track record of manufacturing quality products backed up with top-of-the-line customer service. You know you’re in good hands with Liberty.
If you would like to learn more about our products and services, view our catalog of air showers and pass-thrus. If you have further questions or would like to request a quote, feel free to contact us today.