Air showers play a critical role in maintaining cleanroom integrity by removing loose contaminating particles from people and products before they enter the room. Pass-thru cabinets, also known as pass-thru chambers or pass-thru windows, allow for the transfer of parts and equipment into and out of cleanrooms and critical areas.
Air Shower Uses and Features
Air showers help reduce the risk of defects to products and can also increase cleanroom production yields. Air showers improve cleanroom performance and reduce the maintenance needed to maintain a clean environment by minimizing the overall contamination load in the area.
If a cleanroom doesn’t use an air shower’s “pre-cleaning” process, its air filtration system would have to absorb all of the contaminants in the environment. That would increase energy consumption and maintenance costs for the cleanroom.
Some of the most important features of air showers include:
- High-velocity, high-volume air flow, which allows for fast and efficient decontamination of the atmosphere
- Adjustable microprocessor-controlled cycle times
- Option to have Easy-to-use LCD touchscreen interfaces
- Magnetic interlocks
- LED interior lighting
- Inspection panels for air supply ducts
- Silicone-free urethane sealant
- Stainless steel door frames are available
- Standard-sized HEPA filters and prefilters that have no-leak, negative pressure–reliability seals
- Heavy duty aluminum doors
- Automatic push button doors are available
- High speed roll up doors are available
- Easy access for service and maintenance needs
Liberty Industries’ Air Showers
Liberty ships our air showers in sections, which include:
- Head section
- Base (if the unit requires a base)
The head section is approximately 500 lbs. and will require a forklift or material mover that is rated at a minimum of 1,000 lbs. The head section must be raised above and placed onto the wall sections, and the doors are then installed. These systems require an electrical connection, and Liberty supplies power to a junction box. The installation must have an electrician hardwire on-site.
Liberty offers standard sizes from 4 x 4 x 10, 4 x 5 x 10, 4 x 6 x 10, air shower tunnels from 8 to 30 feet or longer, as well as custom design capabilities such as high speed roll up doors and automatic push bottom door operation.
Liberty has two styles of air showers:
- Plastic nozzles typically 30 per unit (4 × 5)
- Top mounted 3-HP blower at ~7,000 cfm
- Available in either straight thru or 90° angle
- Side Mounted blower – This designed for areas with height restrictions
- Nominally 77” W x 48”L x 92”H, can custom manufacture to fit within your height constraints.
- 3-HP Blower at ~7,000 cfm
Our air showers have applications in a number of industries. Some of their most common uses include in the following industries:
- Medical Devices
- Research Labs
- Precision Manufacturing
- Metal Manufacturing/Lead
- Injection Molding
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Cannabis growing and final processing.
Quality Cleanroom Accessories from Liberty Industries
Liberty Industries builds air showers that are essential to helping cleanrooms maintain high sanitation standards. We offer a wide range of standard designs as well as a plethora of customization options.
Liberty has supplied products worldwide since 1953 and has an extensive track record of manufacturing quality products backed up with top-of-the-line customer service.
If you would like to learn more about our products and services, view our catalog of air showers. If you have further questions or would like to request a quote, feel free to contact us today.