The Advantages of Cleanroom Pass-ThrusLeave a Comment
Since 1953, Liberty Industries has served as a global manufacturer and distributor of high-quality cleanroom and contamination control supplies and accessories. We offer a broad selection of cleanroom products, ranging from modular, softwall and hardwall cleanrooms to cleanroom components to personnel garments. Regardless of your cleanroom needs, our experienced engineers can design and deliver a custom-tailored solution that meets your specifications.
Cleanrooms are generally used in the manufacture of sensitive components that cannot tolerate contamination—e.g., medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and electronics. These structures provide control over the workspace, maintaining set levels of temperature, humidity, light, air pressure, and other environmental variables. They can also have additional features, such as sealed airlocks and decontamination areas, that facilitate the maintenance of sterile conditions.
Pass-thrus—also known as pass-thru cabinets, chambers, or windows—are a critical cleanroom component. These two-door structures are typically installed directly into the cleanroom’s walls and, when opened one door at a time, allow objects to pass into or out of the cleanroom while reducing the risk of contaminants.
What Are the Benefits of Pass Thrus for Cleanrooms?
Pass-thrus are an affordable and easy-to-install way to protect the cleanroom environment and meet industry safety standards. In addition to preventing external contaminants from entering the cleanroom, they reduce the number of workers in the room at any given time and limit the frequency of room entries and exits. Both of these things help to further reduce the risk of contamination.
Integrating a pass-thru also means cleanroom personnel do not need to shower and gown up to place or remove materials from the cleanroom. This saves time and, ultimately can increase productivity.
Pass-thrus are durable, easy to clean and maintain. Additionally, they are highly customizable, coming in a range of materials, sizes, and designs to meet different cleanroom needs. For example, they are available with fireproofing for combustible material handling and with HEPA air filters for highly sensitive product manufacturing.
The integration of pass-thrus benefits virtually any industry that requires the use of cleanrooms, including the following:
- Computer manufacturing
- Electronics and technology
- Solar power generation
Types of Pass-Thrus Available at Liberty Industries
At Liberty Industries, we offer several pass-thru models for cleanroom construction projects, including:
- Stainless steel pass-thru. Also known as a pass-thru window communicator or package transfer unit, this pass-thru system features stainless steel construction, acrylic doors, and stainless steel hinges. Customization options include interlock systems, fireproof doors, and custom sizes.
- H-100SS pass-thru with a magnetic lock. This two-door cabinet uses a magnetic interlock system to keep both doors from opening at the same time. It is especially useful for hospital pharmacies and other organizations that require high levels of security.
- H-100 PL series laminated pass-thru.This pass-thru chamber is made with high-pressure plastic laminate and has an acrylic door with chrome-plated hinges. It provides maximum protection from contamination while still allowing for the easy transfer of materials. Optional add-ons include a reverse-action interlock.
- Motorized HEPA/ULPA-filtered pass-thru. This pass-thru unit has a high-velocity air wash and highly efficient filter. Custom sizes and filtration levels are available, as well as options for stainless steel shelves, laminated novaply, and fireproof doors. Customers can choose from recirculating or non-recirculating models.
Partner With Liberty Industries for Your Cleanroom Needs
Pass-thrus are critical cleanroom components that help keep your cleanroom contaminant-free for sensitive manufacturing operations. With over 65 years of experience designing and constructing cleanrooms, the Liberty Industries team can help you choose the right model and design to suit your cleanroom needs.
For additional information about pass-thrus or to discuss your cleanroom specifications with one of our experts, contact us or request a quote today.