A cleanroom is a contained room or facility that prevents the intrusion of external influences, pollutants, or contaminants from interfering with controlled applications. They are frequently used in scientific research laboratories and the industrial manufacturing of sensitive biological and electronic products.
Cleanrooms control the conditions inside a contained area in three particular ways:
- Environmental control. Cleanrooms control the humidity, temperature, and pressure within the containment area in order to provide a controlled environment.
- Particle flow control. Cleanrooms control the flow of particles within the containment area, thereby preventing the intrusion of unwanted particles such as dust, airborne pollutants, and biological contaminants.
- Isolation from external influences. Cleanrooms isolate the internal containment area from the outside environment, thereby limiting unwanted interaction with conditions which could affect the controlled environment, including temperature, humidity, and pollutants.
Cleanroom Industries and Applications
Cleanrooms are used for applications throughout a wide range and industries, including:
- Biotechnology. Cleanrooms are used in biotechnology labs to ensure that experiments are not contaminated.
- Medical. In order to ensure that medical devices and products are sterile and consistent with FDA regulations, they are manufactured and packaged in a cleanroom.
- Pharmaceuticals. Due to the delicate nature of chemical compounding, creation and testing of pharmaceuticals is completed in a sterile cleanroom to avoid any environmental interactions that may affect the chemicals involved or contaminate pharmaceutical products or biomedical devices.
- Life sciences.Cleanrooms are necessary in life science applications, to prevent the contamination of specimens with unwanted airborne viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
- Aerospace. Cleanrooms are necessary to prevent the intrusion of unwanted particles in the creation of certain aerospace equipment, such as space shuttle components, satellites, tools for in-space experimentation, and even space-flight lasers.
- Military. Military experimentation and research is often performed in a cleanroom in order to ensure a controlled environment for the creation of new defense technology.
- Food preparation and processing.Cleanrooms are used in the processing of food and beverage products to avoid contamination from airborne pollutants and contaminants in accordance with FDA regulations.
What are Modular Cleanrooms?
Modular cleanrooms are free-standing cleanrooms that can be installed on a temporary or permanent basis. They are easily customizable and manufactured to the specific needs of the application for which they are used. Depending on their intended use, modular cleanrooms can be composed of aluminum frames with hard walls of sealed acrylic or soft vinyl walls.
At Liberty Industries, we offer a wide range of customizations for our modular cleanrooms, including:
- Cleanroom Accessories
- Lab Supplies
- Laminar Flow Equipment
- Pass Thrus / Pass throughs
- Tacky Mats®
- Shoe Brush Machines
- Customized Lighting
- Filtration, Temperature, and Humidity Controls
The Benefits of Modular Cleanroom Systems
Modular cleanroom systems offer a wide range of benefits for use in a number of industries. Below are some of the primary attributes of modular cleanroom systems.
Constructed with lightweight aluminum frames; acrylic, vinyl, or polyester-coated aluminum siding; and clear plexiglass windows, our modular cleanrooms are easy to assemble, transport, and disassemble. Liberty’s modular cleanrooms are constructed using a state-of-the-art latching system, which makes it easy to add or remove panels and adjust the size of the cleanroom. In addition, our roof panels are constructed with gasketed openings to accommodate easy installation of custom features such as filtration systems and lighting fixtures.
Simple Maintenance and Modification
Modular cleanrooms are made to be easily adapted and modified to meet the needs of a wide range of applications. Liberty Industries is pleased to offer a number of additional features, including air-locked gowning rooms, stainless steel hands-free sinks and benches, sealed lighting, and heat-welded vinyl or epoxy floors, among many others. Easy installation means that the cleanroom design can be modified to fit unusual configurations and areas with limited space, for a more versatile cleanroom option.
Cost-efficient and Sustainable
At Liberty Industries, we understand the need for cost-effective solutions, so our products are made to last. Liberty Industries provides superior quality modular cleanrooms composed of materials that are durable and corrosion-resistant, for a more cost-efficient and sustainable product.
Liberty Industries Modular Cleanroom Products
Liberty Industries is pleased to offer the highest quality modular cleanrooms and cleanroom products to meet a wide range of needs. Our air quality systems are designed to meet the most stringent industry requirements—including both ISO Standard 14644-1 and US FED STD 209E—and our versatile modular soft and hard wall panels are easily customized to meet the needs of any cleanroom application.