Since 1953, Liberty Industries has been manufacturing and distributing high-quality cleanroom and contamination control supplies and accessories across the globe. We are your one-stop source for all your cleanroom needs, offering products designed to meet the requirements of various critical environments.
Stainless steel offers a range of properties that are specifically beneficial to cleanroom environments, making it an ideal material for various equipment. We offer stainless steel air showers, pass thrus, and laminar flow equipment that can be customized to fit your specific cleanroom needs.
Why Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel equipment and furniture are mostly preferred for cleanroom environments because they meet stringent hygienic requirements and safety standards. Stainless steel is not only robust and sturdy, but it can also withstand even the most rigorous cleaning processes. Some of the advantages of stainless steel equipment in cleanroom environments include:
- Versatility. Stainless steel is versatile when it comes to design, allowing stainless steel equipment manufacturers to provide tailor-made solutions complying with various regulatory criteria.
- Corrosion resistance. High-grade austenitic stainless steel, such as Grade 304, offers unmatched corrosion resistance to various chemicals, acids, and alkali.
- Easy to clean. Stainless steel is easy to clean and disinfect without the risk of losing its robustness and other properties. Grade 304 steel has no pores or cracks that could house dirt, grime, or bacteria. It cleans easily with soap and water, and it can also withstand more rigorous cleaning processes without corroding.
Which Stainless Steel Grades Are Used for Cleanrooms?
Some of the grades of steel often used for cleanroom equipment include:
Grade 304 is arguably the most common type of stainless steel used for cleanroom equipment, as it offers a cost-effective option that resists oxidation and corrosion. It contains 18% chromium and 8% nickel but no molybdenum. Cleanroom furniture and equipment made from this material can withstand rigorous cleaning processes without wearing away. Grade 304 stainless steel is known to maintain structural integrity even when exposed to high temperatures of 870° C. It also holds up well when exposed to chloride content up to 200/mg/l.
Grade 316 stainless steel is the second most common type of stainless steel in cleanroom equipment. It contains 16% chromium, 10% nickel, and 2% molybdenum. Molybdenum protects against specific forms of corrosion and pitting that result from industrial solvents and cleaners. The big difference between Grade 316 and grade 304 stainless steel is that 316 stainless steel resists chloride corrosion and other harsh chemicals.
Cleaning Stainless Steel in a Cleanroom
Some of the tips for cleaning and caring for stainless steel in cleanrooms include:
- Use warm water and a soft cloth or non-abrasive sponge to clean normal spills and small stains.
- Where necessary, use a mild soap or detergent to clean stainless steel surfaces.
- Use recommended solvents such as non-sterile or sterile 70% isopropyl alcohol to clean more stubborn messes such as grease, oil, stains, and fingerprints.
- Use a clean cloth over all surfaces to prevent water spots.
Stainless Steel Equipment Available from Liberty Industries
Liberty Industries provides various stainless steel cleanroom equipment designed to meet your specific needs. These include:
- Pass Thrus. Our stainless steel pass thrus are constructed of 304-#4 stainless steel. They also feature stainless steel hinges and acrylic doors. Our engineers can tailor-make your product to include custom sizes, an optional interlock system, fire-rated doors, and more.
- Laminar Flow Equipment. We offer stainless steel peripheral laminar flow cleanroom hoods and table top laminar flow fume hoods to protect against harmful fumes and contamination.
- Air showers. Our air showers are constructed from 304 #4 – 16 gauge stainless steel and come with heavy-duty anodized aluminum doors featuring 3/16″ safety glass. The doors are equipped with magnetic interlocks, and you can choose either left or right door swings.
Stainless Steel Cleanroom Equipment from Liberty Industries
Stainless steel is a very popular material option for various cleanroom equipment due to its many desirable properties and ability to withstand rigorous cleaning processes. At Liberty Industries, we offer durable stainless steel air showers, pass thrus, and laminar flow equipment that can be tailor-made for your specific cleanroom application. To learn more about our stainless steel cleanroom equipment, contact us today. You can also view our full catalog for more information about our other products.